Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I'm trying to print out something on my Prixma printer but

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. My name's Roger. I'm trying to print out something on my Prixma printer but it's showing up as offline. Could this have something to do with changing my router password ***** ?
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wirelessly.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I haven't done so at all as the printer is very new. I bought it in January.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I can't think of anything else.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Sheri replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Please provide the model of Pixma you have.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Sheri.
Expert:  Sheri replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  Sheri replied 9 days ago.

Your Solution:

Without the information I requested, I am only able to provide you with a general answer, but I hope this helps.

First, please open the lid and check for any jams or debris and remove all the cartridges. Then power the printer off by removing the power cord from the back of the printer, NOT by pressing the power button. Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then, plug it back in and power it on. Wait for it to stop initializing and moving the carriage. Once it stops and is quiet, install the ink cartridges one at a time and then test.

Regards,

Sheri