Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

Pete, i have recently bought a l3510cdw and wish to connect

hi pete, i have recently bought a l3510cdw and wish to connect it to my laptop, the laptop doesnt recognise it however so how do i install it?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: sony vaio windows 8
JA: What have you tried so far with your Vaio? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no it has only been used with my home pc till now but that has stopped working so i turned to my trusty laptop
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well i have tried and tried but never been able to setup the wifi either

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Brother printer. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

Please click the below link. Once on the Brother website, select your correct operating system and click on the Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended) to download it. Once downloaded, run the program and follow the onscreen prompts.

Link: https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcpl3510cdw_eu_as

Note: You may need to use a USB cable during the installation.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have done that already but no luck i am afraid

You can always try connecting with a USB cable and the driver should install automatically.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
it doesnt though as i have already tried that as well. the printer is connected to the laptop but doesnt recognise it and in the printers/drivers section it is just a ghosted image which does nothing
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have also ran the original disc on the laptop as well to no avail

You can try running the download again, but first, disable any antivirus and firewall programs.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have done that also but still no success

Is there a certain part of the installation that it fails on?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
not really i download it then it extracts itself and i press to run the programme but nothing happens same thing with the original disc supplied with the machine
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the printer is only 3 months old

You can try disabling user account control. Click this link and follow the steps. It will require a reboot to apply the changes. Then try installing the software again:

https://articulate.com/support/article/how-to-turn-user-account-control-onoff-in-windows-8

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Made no difference im off to work now my head hurts
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
gave me 5 things to try none of which have worked im afraid

Ok, the next step would be to try connecting it to a different device to determine whether the fault is with the computer or the printer. I suspect it is an issue on that computer.

Regards,

Sheri