Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have just bought a Hitachi LED HDTV and need to connect

We have just bought a Hitachi LED HDTV and need to connect our Sky plus HD box to it. What scart lead do we need to buy?
JA: What Hitachi model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Brand new. LED Ultra HDTV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It does, but we need to connect the sky box to our new TV.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Hitachi? What happened right before this?
Customer: We only bought the Hitachi today.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The scart lead from the Sky box does not fit into the TV.

Hello, I am Shahid, one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble

Scart lead is an outdated connection setup, HD box needs an HDMI cable. Please check the rear side of the Sky HD Box for HDMI Out port and the same Input port would be available on the Hitachi TV, just plug an HDMI cable into Skybox and hook the HDMI cable the other end into HDMI-1 input port of the TV, select HDMI input source using the Input button on the TV remote to get the Skybox HD picture on your new Hitachi HDTV

Please click the following Amazon.uk link to view an HDMI cable image and price info

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Cables/b?ie=UTF8&node=418466031

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for your help.

Very much welcome, wish you the best~