Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a samsung smart phone which I believe is still under

Customer Question

Hi I have a samsung smart phone which I believe is still under warrantee. At the moment the screen only flashes and am unable to activate any functions. Can you advise please. The number is *****
JA: When were you last able to use your Samsung phone?
Customer: Edwin
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: how do you do that
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I only have 10 minutes before I have to go out
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the volume down and power button off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone using volume up and power.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
That seems to work. Thanks Richard. Have a good day.
Edwin
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

You are welcome