Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I just installed a top link v 600 plugged in at the router

Customer Question

Hello I just installed a top link v 600 plugged in at the router in my house . I ran a power cable from the house out to my garage as my new garage has no electrics atm . I plugged the extender into the power cable and paired the 2 all the appropriate green lights are on . I have a wireless camera system in my home and so I plugged a spare camera in 2 metres away from the extender. But it is not picking up the camera can you help in any way please .
JA: Who makes your camera?
Customer: toguard
JA: What have you tried so far with your camera?
Customer: Basically plugged the camera in to a power supply . Plugged the extender into power cable from the home electric and paired the to link v 600
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Hi there,

Could you please confirm the brand and model number of the extender - is it a TP-LINK AV600?

Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

The TP-LINK AV600 Powerline Wi-Fi Kit extends your internet connection to every room of the house through your home's existing electrical circuitry.

How is the camera connected to the extender?

Can you test the extender using a different device, e.g. a smartphone, tablet, laptop?

Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Based on the information you have provided so far, your camera system may not be compatible with the powerline extender.

If other devices, e.g. a laptop or tablet, can connect to the extender in your garage then this proves that it is working ok.