Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Or 40 inch TV has stopped working! 40HFL5008D/12, yeah it

Or 40 inch TV has stopped working!
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Phillips 40HFL5008D/12
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yeah it just won’t turn on we’ve tried different cables power cables and so it’s not that that it seems like the power doesn’t get to it!
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really!

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The red indicator light goes on when off and off when you turn it on but nothing on screen!

To check, did you do the instructions I gave you?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Are any lights showing on it at all?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The red indicator light at the front at the bottom of the TV it goes on it goes off when it goes off the TV are supposed to go on and it doesn’t

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Red led at the bottom of the TV is lit

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.