Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I would be extremely grateful if you can help. I am aged 85

I would be extremely grateful if you can help. I am aged 85 and live on my own. I have a large Sony tv set (32inches I thini). Last night while watching BBC2 test match programme 7pm to 8-pm, a message came on the screen saying Privacy Policy. The picture faded and a message said the policy had been updated and I needed to agree to it, and to press OK. There was a 'OK' button in the centre of my screen but I ciould niot see how to press it, an d so didn 't. It was not possible to change
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sony TV?
Customer: I am not at my home at present and cannot give you an answer I am afraid. I could check this evening an d come back tomorrow if that is any good unless you have any other suggestions.
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. I live in a sheltered housing block and asked neighbiours and their TV pics were all ok.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't change the channel since the incident but I can turn the sound up and down

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please