Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have two lights flashing on the 'ink' monitor and the ink

Customer Question

I have two lights flashing on the 'ink' monitor and the ink cases appear stuck on the left hand side of the printer nothing will move. I have unplugged/rebooted nothing seems to 're-start' the printer
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: Epsom 245 desk top version
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: yes open as we speak carteridges are stuck to the left and there are two lights flashing on the 'ink' monitor
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so - I could of course solve the problem by chucking the thing through the window!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
exactly the same no change
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok so what do I do next?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can't take the ink out - they are wedged against the left hand side of the printer under a little shelf
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Can you try to move them by hand please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok have cleaned out the printer with alcohol and q-tips - my other computer shows that the error is 000031 - I again rebooted.best Mel
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Now try different ink cartridges in it please Mel