Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Cannon pixma TR4550 printer. It started to bleep

Customer Question

I have a Cannon pixma TR4550 printer. It started to bleep and stopped working. I assumed it had run out of ink and installed new replacement cartridges 545 (black) and 546 (color). Not sure whether I fitted the new cartridges correctly, but it still does not work and green and yellow lights on the control panel `(top front) stay on. Any ideas please?
JA: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your Pixma?
Customer: I changed the black cartidge once before.
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Error message 188A. The lid over the cartriges folds forwsrd.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all for now thanks!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please