Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My Panasonic TV doesn't work. It keeps cutting out, It is

Customer Question

My Panasonic TV doesn't work. It keeps cutting out
JA: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: It is the TX 40AX630B
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have had the TV for 5 years and when I turn it on it starts initially, cuts out and then has a red flashing light.
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Panasonic? What happened right before this?
Customer: happened over the weekend, so a few days
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to Justanswer.com, an independent paid question and answer platform that is home to the best experts in the world! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

I understand how frustrating your issue can be but I will try to work as fast as possible to a resolution to your issue. With that being said, please view the steps below to fix your issue. If the initial steps do not fix your issue, please reply back and I will continue to assist you.

---------------------------

Unplug the power cord to your TV

Wait 10 minutes

Plug it back in and power on

Wait 5 minutes

Check to see if your issue continues and let me know the results. If the issue continues, please let me know how old the TV is.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks but I have done this and the same issue remains. I have had the TV for going on 6 years
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

I have reviewed the issue that you are having, the steps that you have tried, and the age of your unit. After reviewing that information, I have determined that your unit has a hardware failure and due to the age of the unit and the issue, it would be cheaper to replace it than to repair it since it is outside of the warranty period.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation.