Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just has a delivery of a Philips 32 Inch 32PHT5505/05

I have just has a delivery of a Philips 32 Inch 32PHT5505/05 HD Ready tv but my old TV is connected to the sky box via a scart lead. This tv doesn't fit it. How can I connect it to my sky box please?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Philips 32 Inch 32PHT5505/05 HD Ready brand new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I set it all up and did the 'set up' instructions. All worked well, but then it said no chanels had been found. The sky box is connected via the arial, but on our old TV it also connected with a scart lead. this tv does not fit one
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Philips? What happened right before this?
Customer: It is a new TV and I am trying to set it up
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it thank you

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You will need an adapter to convert from Scart to HDMI, this is the adapter you need

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-BENFEI-Composite-Adapter-Supports/dp/B085M9Z5D4/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=SCART+HDMI+Converter&qid=1623324124&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVUFHQlU4TjVWNVNWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzE1NTc1MlNOQjVUOTUxUkRNVSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzIyNTcxM1FNS0RQTUlOWDZIOSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Use this please in order to connect it

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will it then connect to my sky box and work?

yes as it allows the connection to the TV

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, this way is fine, thank you

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That's great thank you. J have ordered the box

You are welcome