Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My thumb drive is not registering. error message is please

Customer Question

my thumb drive is not registering. error message is please insert USB disc. this a new thumb drive and was working 24hrs ago. There was a video on it that when played on my new picture frame just kept repeating and wouldnt move onto the next photo or video. I have tried the tuhumb drive on my laptop but get same error message.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no updates and I have just been downloading photos and videos onto drive
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Laptop is brand new Dell and Photoframe is brand new NIX Photo Frame
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Please disconnect the power cable to the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it now functions.
Please let me know the results.