Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I need to change my password on my hotmail sign as I fear

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need to change my password ***** my hotmail sign as I fear that my password ***** been taken but I dont have my mobile phone for a code to be sent but I've tried to do it and I seemed to of got lost.
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: sunday morning but it is has been taken away yesterday afternoon. I have logged into my hotmail account this morning from a compute and followed the steps to change my password ***** I now get this message Your security info change is still pending
On 06/09/2021, you requested your security info to be replaced.
Current security info
Phone number ending in 46
New security info
Alternative email address: ph*****@mansellmctaggart.co.uk
Your security info will be replaced after 30 days, on 06/10/2021. But don't worry, during the waiting period, you can still sign in and use your Microsoft account normally.
If you didn't request this, let us know.
If you'd like to keep your current security info, you can cancel this request.)
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: My phone is being looked at as evidence as I am going through a seperation and I have gone to change my password ***** I fear my soon to be x wife has had access to my hotmail account from finding out the password ***** basicly want to change it, so i can carry on accessing from a computer until i get my phone back.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to change my password ***** log in to my account from another device. I dont have my mobile phone.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://account.live.com/password/reset
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am following the link above but as i explained to the lady before, i dont have my phone number to access any codes that may be sent. I just need to change my password ***** I fear that my soon to be x wife has taken my password ***** me knowing and will have access to my email.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Why am i having to pay for this?
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Can you please call the phone number linked to the account and see if someone answers it.

If so, please ask then for the code and use this to reset the password.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My phone is with the police, so I will be unable to speak to them to get the code
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

ok, you will need to wait until they return it or ask your phone provider to send you a new Sim.

You can then put that into another phone to reset the password.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
ok, this seems to be very difficult for something i would of thought that would of been simple. Please ignore the request of a phone call as i dont want to pay £16. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

You are welcome and all the best