Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Is 02081239855 a genuine contact number, Lenovo laptop,

Customer Question

Is***********a genuine contact number
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Lenovo laptop
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?
Customer: Ideapad100
JA: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Did they claim to be from Microsoft or another company?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

This is 100% a scam. This person was not working for Microsoft and Microsoft would never call you for no reason.

This is what is known as "phone phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your computer.

Basically what they will do is call a lot of phone numbers and say that you have problems. Any actual computer problems you have will be entirely coincidental. Usually what they will do is show you the windows error log which always shows a lot of errors but these are normal and on all windows computers, they are not viruses.

Next they log onto your computer and lie to you about the numerous problems they pretend to find. Next they will attempt to get you to pay a few hundred dollars to "fix" the issues when in fact they actually do nothing too helpful.

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever call you. Your computer does not report to Microsoft or any other company so if any tech support person calls you can trust it is a scam and just hang up.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What can I do if they disable my laptop
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How have they got to control my laptop and what can I do
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Did you give them access to your computer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They didn't call me but their number is ***** screen requesting me to call them.
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

ok, you can close it and ignore it, do not call the number and they have no access to your computer.