Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

This is regarding my hotmail account...can you help? device

Customer Question

this is regarding my hotmail account...can you help?
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: device and web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have been locked out of my email address...I have completed for form 4 times but I keep getting a knock back which says the information I supplied is not accurate enough...please can you help me unlock my hotmail account?
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in. With it being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.
I am sorry to have to tell you this but there is no way back in. When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year they have completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.
Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.