Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have error code B203 on my Cannon MG5750, i replaced the

Customer Question

I have error code B203 on my Cannon MG5750, i replaced the printhead but no change, still suggested i get it to a repair centre
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Cannon printer
JA: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes, it wont function at all just the error on screen
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Recently like about 3 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that should be fine
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the device (so unplug it from the power socket)

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the device and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok, its exactly the same
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have recently cleaned the print head with printhead cleaning solution, and ive just removed printhead and cleaned inside, no debris inside
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I got error code 6502 for a second then back to B203
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
how do i replace the board
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

It is only economically feasible to do it if the printer is still under warranty.

Else you would need to replace it sorry.