Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I'm trying to upload a file from a Motorola E7 phone to

Customer Question

I'm trying to upload a file from a Motorola E7 phone to Google Drive. I've done this previously with no problem. However, now the process halts with the message 'Waiting for Network'.
JA: How long has this been going on with your E7? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to send a file at 9am this morning. This and a subsequent file are stuck with the message
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm using the Virgin network. Phone calls and internet access are working normally
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you please hold the power button on the device until you see a menu and choose power off.
Then power on the device and tell me if it still has the problem.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I powered it up through the blue screen and hello mortal message, and still have the problem. Of two attempts at uploading this morning, the first is stuck with the message 'waiting for network' and the second with 'waiting for wifi'.
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Can you please remove the power to the internet router (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the internet router, turn it on and wait 5 minutes for it to start then tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm doing as requested
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Still not working. Having proceeded as you suggested,I've tried to upload the two files again, but they are still sticking on 'waiting for network'.
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Which app are you doing this in?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm selecting the icon of a coloured triangle labelled 'Drive' which as far as I can remember was set up when I bought the phone. Please note that the procedure I'm following has always worked previously
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Go to settings, apps, select Drive, then storage then clear data.

Then try to use the app please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I cleared the cache, uploaded the two files again and it has all worked. Many thanks, it's much appreciated
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

You are welcome