Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Email has been blocked I have received a massage from

Customer Question

Hi my Email has been blocked I have received a massage from Microsoft to say unusual activity has been found on my account
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: its out look its***@******.***
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through a web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have been sent a code from Microsoft and have been giving all the information I have been asked for
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: will I have given this information 4 times to the best of my knowledge we need my Email because we are going on holiday this Friday and need to get information from it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://account.live.com/password/reset
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
hi I was unable to reset my password
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
sorry Tel Phone is***********
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in. With it being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but there is no way back in. When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year they have completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
hi ant Idea how long before the Technician will call
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is really bad news as I have all my Insurance, planning documents for new house and other vital information on my Email. I can't believe this can happen. What is the reason for it? My account has been open for years I had no Idea I had to update anything. I answered all the questions that were asked of me so what more can I have done
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Nothing more can be done sorry, as you cannot supply the information required.