Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Support Code 6502 problem as I cannot get inside to

Good day, I have a Support Code 6502 problem as I cannot get inside to clear the remnants of a paper jam
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: quite some time ago .. long time ago!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really thanks

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
New Error code 6502 has popped up. Says to cancel printing but there’s nothing to cancel?!
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Reason I didn’t sign up for a phone call is I have to go out in 15 minutes.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Having to go out now. Without printed material! Agggh!
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Error Code 6502 onscreen instructions carried out but problem persists. Any advice (other than buy a new printer!) welcomed.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is anyone out there going to respond or is this it?

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Richard,
Thanks for this. Just to let you know that when I powered on the printer to follow your advice I was able, for the first time, to see inside and the foreign object, the remnants of half a sheet of paper, was accessible on the right as the inks were anchored elsewhere. Once removed the printer works.
It’s taken a long time but “we” got there. Thank you.

You are welcome