Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

Can u unlock my hwawei p20? I htough it will accept O2 sims;

Customer Question

can u unlock my hwawei p20 ? I htough it will accept O2 sims; but it does not seem to do so.
JA: When were you last able to use your O2 phone?
Customer: about 4 months ago
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: I have done a hardreset; I forgot hte PIN. A phone shop recover my phone for me, but the phone seems locked , won't connect to O2/ vodaphe/EE
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 19 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Which Network is the handset locked to?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
what do u need?

Which Network is the handset locked to?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Did u get paid ,at all, just now? My bank balance is sufficient.

Which Network is the handset locked to?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My debit card is now in my hand. info is correct. Did U get paid, at all , now ?

Im unable to assist you with billing realted quieies

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided today I have been able to establish that you are wanting to unlock your handset to all networks, however, as I have been not been able to establish the details I requested, my response to this question is more generic based on how a device is unlocked and the process that included.

1. You will need to contact the Network which the device is currently locked to. 

2. Have the Imei Number to hand which can be found by dial *#06#  which will present a long number, please make a note of it and the Network Provider will require it to identify your handset. 

3. You will provided a unlock code and instructions on how you go about unlocking the handset within 7 days from making he request. 

4. The service may be chargeable and the Network provider will need to be paid in advance prior to the request being processed. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have cancelled membership, and my posting; it was one of my bad days.
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 18 days ago.

Ok, Thank you for informing me.