Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I have a samsung galaxy s6 edge and my charging port has

i have a samsung galaxy s6 edge and my charging port has stopped working
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?
Customer: what what im talkin to u through now ?
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i put it on charge when i got bk from work this mornin as it was down to 23% but just wont charge and now its flat
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive tried blowin in the port even suckin in it also tried the toothpic but still doesnt charge

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you.  I really appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
what im upset about the most is that its got pics and videos on that i really want to keep and the phone being flat means i cant even transfer them onto my laptop

Your Solution:

I see you indicated what you have already tried, including blowing out the port, the toothpick cleaning, etc.  The next step I recommend is to try charging with a different charger in case that one is bad.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you.  I really appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service.  Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ow i have tried every charger we have in the house and still no joy

Was the battery working properly, holding a charge, lasting the expected time after charging before it stopped charging?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
yea unless i was playin a certain facebook game through it then found the phone would get hot and battery would drain alot faster

Based on your description, it does sound like more or a charging port issue than a battery issue,, although I can determine that completely without physical diagnostics.  You would need to contact your phone carrier to check on the warranty and repair options.  I understand your concern is your data on the phone.  Please check to see whether your phone was backing up to Samsung Cloud.  You can log into it from a computer.  Please click the link below to see the steps and option:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060518/#:~:text=To%20access%20Samsung%20Cloud%20on,additional%20data%2C%20and%20restore%20data.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
dont look like it was
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i would have to take it to a repair shop then ?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
prob i have is that i aint computer literate and gadgets confuse me lol

Yes.  The next step is to contact your cell phone provider to find out options to physically diagnose the issue, to be sure whether it needs a battery replacement of whether the charging port is damaged.  Make sure you let them know you are concerned about preserving the data.  Also, I would recommend leaving it off for a day or so.  Then, while connected to the charger, try powering it on while holding the power and up volume button just to see if it can get a charge so you can get your data.  Just in case.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok well got no choice of leavin it off as it wont turn on with no charge lol
well thanks for tryin to help i had a feelin it be a repair but hubby said to check 1st lol
i got to go work again now

Ok, have a nice day.  You are very welcome.

Regards,

Sheri