Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

My password for my laptop doesn’t work anymore what i can

Customer Question

Hi my password ***** my laptop doesn’t work anymore what i can do?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: ok let me find all tech papers
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I haven’t, there was some email yesterday that one of my email accounts will stop working if I’m not
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my PIN just doesn’t work anymore
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. I would like to confirm whether you have a Windows 10 installaed on your Laptop?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok what do you want me to do now?

I would like to confirm whether you have a Windows 10 installaed on your Laptop?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for letting me have the additional information which really has helped me with my investigation. I have understood you are having a hard time accessing your laptop due to lost or forgotten password ***** is preventing you from being able to login, luckily, Microsoft has integrated a option we can use today to reset your local account password ***** its a local account and not a email you have logged in with. Please see the instructions I have composed in a step by step format to assist your with reset process at any point, if you need any additional support, please don't hesitate to ask.

1. Initially, power on your laptop and once its all loaded up. select the user account in question which has become the problem to log into. 

2. Next, if the account is asking for a Pin select the password ***** using the thumb icons. (If you don't have a pin, skip this step)

3. Under where you would enter the password, choose Reset Password. 

4. Now you will need to validate you are the account owner by answering the security questions you have been prompted with, most likely, you will be asked 3 sets of questions and if all answered correctly. you will be prompted to create a new password ***** logon. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew