Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I bought a Galaxy A12 in March for my brother. He has

Customer Question

I bought a Galaxy A12 in March for my brother. He has dementia and decided he didn’t want it then. Now he would. I must have set it up with a phone password, not a Google account password ***** I now cannot get into the phone. I have tried Tesco Mobile help and Samsung help but to no avail.
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: It has never been used i have only recently put in the sim card
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: i have done that several times but it still wants the password
Customer: ther is no data on the phone
JA: Anything else you want the Technician to know before I connect you?
JA: Anything else you want the Technician to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can’t think of anything no
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 19 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Am I right to say you have lost the hand set password/code to access the handset?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Am I right to say you have lost the hand set password/code to access the handset?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
that’s it I believe
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
To be honest I must have set it up but I cannot recall the process even. I do usually note them and I have tried all the usual suspects.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I took it to the Tesco tech guy yesterday but he couldn’t help.

I have investigated all the information you have let me have today and I have come to the recommendation that the handset will need a factory reset because there's  no options to reset the device passcode. Please see the instructions I have attached below to wipe the handset.

Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Power / Side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear. From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have been through that process can I send you a screen shot?

You can?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry how do I attach the shot

Please use the paperclip to attach images.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I’m using an iPad, no paper clip
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok so what I was going to send is the image you get even after going through the reset process

Sure.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It says. Your phone was factory reset. Enter your password ***** unlock it.

It sounds like that is a Network Lock.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok so the phone is locked to Tesco Mobile. It does have in it a Tesco mobile sim

Are you certain?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
they said when we purchased that we would need to use a Tesco mobile sim. We bought the phone and the sim at the same time.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It is a PAYG £10 sim

Ok, I will look into this further and report back.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

No problem.