Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a BT cordless phone, I can ring out but not receive

Customer Question

Hello, I have a BT cordless phone, I can ring out but not receive calls, a voice just keeps saying hold the line and then nothing. No ringtone.
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: BT Cordless 2700
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Several weeks, can phone out but not receive incoming call, gradually has got worse, no ring tone and if called a voice says please hold the line and then nothing. Tried switching everything off no luck.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the modem the phone connects to for a signal (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the modem, turn it on and tell me please if the phone is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please