Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have used iPlayer on our Panasonic TV until yesterday. We

Customer Question

We have used iPlayer on our Panasonic TV until yesterday. We have it on iPhone,Desktop PC & iPad but not now on TV. It appears to be connected correctly. Now we can't get iPlayer or Amazon or anything that needs connection. Please can you help?
JA: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?
Customer: We have used iPlayer on our Panasonic TV until yesterday. We have it on iPhone,Desktop PC & iPad but not now on TV. It appears to be connected correctly. Now we can't get iPlayer or Amazon or anything that needs connection. Please can you help?
JA: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?
Customer: I think it is connected to both.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did what you said and it did seem to work. I went thro instructions and chose Wireless & Pin. It then said it was trying to connect but after a while it timed out. I repeated all of this and the same thing happened. What next, please?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Did you remove power to the wifi router as well?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, I didn't
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

ok.. the instructions were

an you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We did as you say but it then went to find connection and timed out.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

What is the make and model of your wifi router?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
where are you?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Technicolour model no. TG588VV2
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

on the back of the router is a reset button, please push it in for 5 seconds then release.

Then wait 5 minutes, restart the TV and try to connect please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have got as far as a menu which includes 'Watch iPlayer'. I had put in the encryption code. I still can't get access to iPlayer. We have paid for a phone call but none came.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

Did you reset the wifi router as requested?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
have got as far as a menu which includes 'Watch iPlayer'. I had put in the encryption code. I still can't get access to iPlayer. We have paid for a phone call but none came.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 days ago.

I am not able to call you but asked

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did. Still doesn't work.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Can you please tell me the model of your TV?