Divyansh
Divyansh, Tech Support Executive
Experience:  Computer Applications Expert
102882208

Need to change phone number on my Microsoft account to get

Customer Question

hi need to change phone number on my Microsoft account to get in to e-mails
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contacted Microsoft they couldn't help i need a mobile number on the account to get a code to retrieve my e-mails
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am
Expert:  Divyansh replied 10 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you further. While I read over your message, is there anything else you'd like to add?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The number on the account to get the code is a land line we think so we can’t get the code.
Expert:  Divyansh replied 10 days ago.

Can you please confirm if you are signed in to your account on any device?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No we are not signed in
Expert:  Divyansh replied 10 days ago.

I am afraid you will not be able to sign in to your account without the verification code. Also, you will not be able to change your number without having access to your account.

You will need to contact your service provider to start a Text service for your landline. In this way, you will be able to receive the code.

Else, you will need to create a new account.

For more information, you can use the below link to contact Microsoft customer support.

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Divyansh replied 9 days ago.

Hello. Good day. This is a follow-up to your question. Kindly let me know if you need any additional information or further assistance.