Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a rotel rx-403 tuner amp, when on am or fm the

Customer Question

hello, I have a rotel rx-403 tuner amp, when on am or fm the station fades out after a very short while, any fix or is it to the tip
JA: How long have you had your RX-403?
Customer: about 5 years but bought it from a friend so old, used to work ok but not now
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, can only play records
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you ,just the one problem. one question, does this cost me
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided today and with everything you have provided, I would suggest this could be a electrical fault or it could be overall the hardware has come to its end of life. I would recommend some basic steps we can take today and hope it can be simple as a fuse replacement to restore the unit to working order. Please see the instructions I have composed below in a step by step format to assist you replace the fuse.

1. Eject the power plug from the power source if you have not already and put the plug to side for around 10 minutes. (We need to ensure all power in the system has been drained before continuing)    

2. Open the plug, you will need a Philips screw driver. (Unscrew the screw located towards the top, usually, this releases the back plate)

3. Identify the Fuse located on the right and check the amp of the fuse. 

4. Replace the the fuse with the same Amp Voltage. 

5. Re-seal the plug using the screw driver.

6. Finally, test the unit, reconnect the plug to the power source and verify if it has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Just the radio signal fading out

Please could you try change the fuse?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Finished now thank you good bye

Best of luck.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please close my account now, regards

You will need to contact Customer Services to assist you with that.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
all finished thanks