Sheri
Sheri, Technical Support Expert Consultant
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I my Direct-9D- HP 4650 Office Jet has lost its driver and

I my Direct-9D- HP 4650 Office Jet has lost its driver and your support does not seem to extend to this. What can I do?
JA: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: HP computer Wi Fi
JA: What have you tried so far with your computer?
Customer: Everything
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Last info I had was the printer is locked onto scan only and no driver

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your printer and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you.  I really appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have tried almost everything to cure my problem including your own service department- this is my last attempt to get my system on line and operating correctly

Your Solution:

First, delete the printer in printers and devices and then uninstall all related drivers and software in the control panel-programs and software section. Restart the computer. After restart, do the following:

Please click on the below link. Once on the HP website, make sure to select your correct operating system at the top of the page. Click to expand the Software-Utility section and download the HP OfficeJet 4650 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories. Once downloaded, unplug or turn off the printer. Run the downloaded file and follow the prompts and turn on or plug in the printer when prompted. Once done, test print and scan.

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4650-all-in-one-printer-series/5447930

Note: you may need a USB cable during the setup

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you.  I really appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service.  Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I paid £22 yesterday for your service and have got nowhere should I still have to keep paying you?

Please try the solution I provided.  Here it is again, below, for your convenience:

Your Solution:

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Where do I locate software section?

Do you mean the software-utility section?  Click the link.  Once on the page, scroll down and it will be the last menu.  Click the "+" to expand the menu.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do I have a monthly charge for this download?

No, there is no charge to download the driver.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Good morning - This is the third attempt with you to rectify the problem with my printer. I have managed to get it to be added as normal but as i keep saying it is locked to SCAN only - can you please correct this.

Please clarify the steps you are taking when you get the scan error and also please provide the exact error message.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No change from yesterday

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are you there? Have you received my message re printer locked on “SCAN ONLY “?

I asked you the following:

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have paid £22 on Thursday with no positive results

Are  you receiving my messages?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I do not think a phone call will improve the matter I have given you all the info I can and as a result you should be able to correct the problem by taking control of my computer.

I asked you the following:

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Did you receive my last message - Why can you not take charge of my computer?

I do not personally provide secure remote support.  I sent  you the solution to try and am here to help if you wish to describe the status so we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My printer is still not working so I have removed the software and possibly the driver - please see what you can do.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It is strange that my problem occurred at approximately the same date that MS implemented a general upgrade to software on my computer. Could this be the cause, I see on line many cases of computer problems are associated with this. I will try to get back in touch tomorrow - say 1600 hours GMT. Regards - ***** *****

Hi Doug,

In order to further assist you, please tell me what steps you are taking, such as are you opening a scan utility, etc. and what the error message is now or the behavior.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
After 5-6 hours on line I have had no success with “Just Answer” with my problem. Half an hour with a local computer engineer and my problem was solved. Please refund my monies (£22) as I consider I have not had value from you. - D Phillips

I'm a site user like you, so I don't have access to your account details or charges, but customer service would be glad to help you with that.

You can click on the Contact Us button at the top or bottom of the page. You can also use this link: http://www.justanswer.com/help.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri