Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Galaxy Watch model SM-R800. It will not start up. I

Customer Question

I have a Galaxy Watch model SM-R800. It will not start up. I can get to the boot menu and take the recovery option( a few times) but on reboot it still does not start. I have tried the wireless download option and in WPS mode it connects to my wifi but just keeps saying waiting for AP.
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: Netgear
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Selecting recovery option from boot menu a few times(hold power button until it says rebooting then press button again to get to recovery option, then press again to select). Also tried the Wireless download option just to see if it did anything but just says searching for AP. What is AP?
JA: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: So is there something more that can be done?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi there,

I am Pete and I'll be happy to assist you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

AP is Access Point, normally a WiFi router or similar WiFi access point that you connect the watch to.

First  try restarting your WiFi router and let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The phone connects to the router
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
sorry I didn't realise I would wait over an hour for a response. i am eating now.
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

There may be a glitch with your wifi router which is preventing some devices from connecting, even if other devices are still connecting ok.
First, try restarting your wifi router and let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Router at latest code level. Watch shows connected to 2.4Ghz wifi connection, ip address and mac address. I think we are going off course unless connecting my watch to the router allows an update to be downloaded to it. I just need my watch powered up. It usually connects to my phone by BT.
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Is the watch stuck on AP or can you reboot it?

Have you tried holding down the power button for 1 minute?