Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a Samsung tablet, but can't for some reason gain

Customer Question

I have a Samsung tablet, but can't for some reason gain access to adult content. Could you help ?someone told me it could be locked into safe search mode
JA: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?
Customer: That's the problem, i can't remember my last pasdword
JA: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?
Customer: Yes, [email protected] gmail .com
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just frustrating that it won't grant me access
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 10 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know what happens when trying to view adult content?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided, its sounds like your tablet has the Parental Lock feature enabled, I would recommend you try disable that and then try again. Please see the step by step instructions I have attached below to assist you apply those changes. 

1. Open the Play Store app.

2. Tap Menu.

3. Tap Settings.

4. Tap Parental controls.

5. Slide to turn Parental controls to OFF.

6. Enter 4 Digit PIN.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew