Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I have a network connection problem with an Epson ET 2710,

I have a network connection problem with an Epson ET 2710
JA: How are you connecting to your Epson printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: an hour ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Great

I have investigated the information you have provided and based on the information you have provided us, It sounds like the printer may be experiencing a Network Problem where its unable to communicate across the network preventing you from using it to print. I would recommend you power cycle both the Router and Printer and then try again. I will detail these steps more in detail below. 

1. Power the Printer off using the power button and then remove the power cable.

2. Now restart the Router, remove the power cable for approximately 60 seconds and then proceed to re-attach it, it may take some time usually around 3-4 minutes for the router to reconnect to the internet. 

3. Once the Router is all set and connected, power on the printer and wait a few minutes for it to establish a network connection with your Router.

4. Lastly, if you could now try print again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew