Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I live in Argyll which is somewhat remote. We have been able

Customer Question

I live in Argyll which is somewhat remote. We have been able to receive television programs until last night when we were unable to get anything on Freeview. We eventually got a message stating the signal was either to weak or not being received. Do we need to get a booster and, if so, can you advise please.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Tonshiba Regza . About 8 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No and yes
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?
Customer: This is a Cottage only used on occasions, frequent. All was well with it 2 weeks ago
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Which type aerial/antenna are you using at present that connects to the Television or recevier?  

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 11 days ago.

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have shared I would recommend you look into replacing your current setup with an Out door antenna, I will list some of the merchant you can purchase them from below.

1. Currys/Pcworld

2. Argos 

3. Amazon

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew