Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

Hiya I bought a Samsung TV from very approximately 2 years

Hiya I bought a Samsung TV from very approximately 2 years ago and the screen has suddenly started to jitter and not work correctly so I’m just wandering if there is any warranty on it or if I can get a replacement?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?
Customer: no not currently, I have took all cables out to narrow down where the problem is coming from and it seems to be just the TV itself
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no not recently, I’ve tried different plug sockets also and that hasn’t helped.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no nothing more it just started very randomly I guess.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I have looked into the information you have provided me today and suggest you perform a power cycle and let me know of the results. 

1. Please start by powering the Television off using the power button on the remote. 

2. Once the TV has powered down, turn the Television off from the main power source. 

3. Now, wait up to 60 seconds before reattaching the power cable to the power source. 

4. One the cable has been reattached, use the remote to turn the Television on. 

5. Now verify whether your Television has restored to working order. 

I hope the information provided today helps to restore your services and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hiya and Thankyou for responding, I’ve tried this method before and it didn’t seem to work unfortunately.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can’t call I’m afraid.

Its common apply you would put into action with Television, in most instances it does rectify the problems like these, its likely the Televsion has developed a hardware fault, do you know if it is still under warranty?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem.

When you turn the Televsion on with noting connected what does it display?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Well because I have reset the tv to factory settings it is displaying the start up page and it’s still flickering.

Whats connected to the Televison at present?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Nothing is connected to the tv as of now.

Its likely your screen is on its way to fail.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But I’ve only had the TV for 2 years so surely that isn’t acceptable?

I totally appreciate where you are coming from, but these things do happen.

Do you know if you purchased extended warranrty?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
they do I understand that but surely I should be able to get it fixed or replaced. I didn’t purchase any warranty at the time no.

You can go down the repair route but at the unit is out side the warranty period you will be resposible for the repiar cost.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help.

Your welcome.