Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My microsoft account details are out of date and I am trying

My microsoft account details are out of date and I am trying to fix it.I have forgotten my password.I have completed an account recovery form but still cannot reset my password,as you are wanting to send a text to my home phone which has a call blocker on it so will not accept text messages.Can I change the phone number on my microsoft account?.
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: We rarely use the home phone as my wife and I both have mobiles.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: No I have not.You will have to excuse me as I am not tech savvy so much of this is beyond my comprehension
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but can I not just get the phone number on my account changed so that a text message can be sent to that mobile number

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You cannot change any phone numbers on the account until you regain access.

Contacrt your phone provider and have them remove the call blocker then receive the code to regain access.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks I await your call

I am not able to call you sorry

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would prefer to speak to someone on the phone as I am not tech savvy and need help I suffer from anxiety and this prblem is really affecting me healthwise

I am not able to call you sorry

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please call me

I am not able to call you sorry

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
For some reason we got cut off when you phoned me. Can you please try again.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just had another thought, is it possible for you to reinstate my account centrally

I am not able to call you sorry

Let me know how you go please