Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My email on my iMac does not receive email but my iPhone and

My email on my iMac does not receive email but my iPhone and iPad are working. I understand this is a Virgin issue.
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Client email, the apple package on my iMac
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: Not that I know of. it started to happen last week on 10 Sept.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is everything I can think of.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you please go to www.whatismyip.com
Note your IP address down there.
Then go to https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
And put in your IP address and see if you are blacklisted (it will show it in red).
If so, this is why you cannot send on the computer and in this case you would need to contact your internet provider in order to get the public IP address you have changed.
Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Richard for your suggestion. In the event yesterday afternoon I rang Apple and spoke to a lady in Portugal who very quickly solved the problem.On her advice I deleted my google mail account and entered my Virgin a/c after which all was fine. I am sorry I did not reply earlier but life was quite busy yesterday.

Glad to hear it is now resolved.