Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have 2 year old 43inch 7100 and the screen is now black on

I have 2 year old 43inch 7100 and the screen is now black on the left hand side approx one third of screen is affected
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: EU43RU7100
JA: How long have you had your EU43RU7100?
Customer: 2 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconected and reconnected.......connected my 28inch to same leads etc and that is ok
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no...black shadow is still there
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
no thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what happens now

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
we are not finished
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what more do you need to know

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i will credit the expert when we have completed

I have provided instructions in my last two messages to you, please review this.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i have disconnected as you instructed and the shadow is still present

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the LCD panel that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I need to know who to contact to get the problem fixed

The place you purchased the TV from please, they will manage the warranty repair for you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
As you know the tv is 2 years old and out of warrantyWill Samsung service be able to fix the problem at home location because unable to get 43in size unit to them
Or do I get Currys to collect

No but where are you located?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Colchester Essex C04

You can call Andres TV repairs on 01206 767600 and request an offer for this repair. They can come to you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you....will try them