Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Sally here. Sally here I have a Dell venue 7 or 8. 3 camera

Hi Sally here.
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi. Sally here I have a Dell venue 7 or 8. 3 camera 10 inch tablet which won't turn on . I have submitted an insurance claim. The nos on the back of the tablet are apparently not enough for them. Are you able to help me. The following are the details. FCC1DE2K-TO2E001. input 5 vat. 2A made in China. IC 1514B -T02E001 CAN ICES-3(B) NMB-3(B). Thank you.
JA: Are there any flashing lights, symbols, or messages on your camera or display screen?
Customer: No idea, it won't switch on
JA: Have you tried removing and replacing the battery and/or SD card?
Customer: The back doesn't appear to come off, no i havnt removed or replaced SD card
JA: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Please disconnect the power cable to the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it now functions.
Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks. I have done that and it still won't switch on. I did leave it on charge overnight as well.

Are any lights showing when you connect the charger?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK let's continue

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is most confusing. Do we continue with this conversation and you still charge me £16, or am I just paying the £5 fee?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Please help me. Am I waiting for someone to call me back at some stage (which is perfectly fine) or are we continuing with this online conversation? I am using my phone right now, do I hold on or end this and wait for a call?

I am not able to call you but keep asking please

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No lights or anything when I connect charger and press start button. Got it now, any more info and you will mess me. Thank you.

It is now working?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No it is not working at all. It will not switch on.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the surface to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you Richard tge warranty has expired. I inky wanted to know if you were able to give me any more details of serial no, as the insurance will only provide the most basic of replacements, and when I pay my access, it actually costs me money if you are unable to help me U understand.
Sally

the mainboard needs replacing, once done it will then work again for you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Any idea as to the cost, and who would be able to repair it for ne?

If the warranty has expired then it is best to purchase a replacement Dell.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** so, which is why I put in an insurance claim. But it would appear without any more details, I will be paying for another one myself. So much for insurance.
Thank you for you help and enjoy the rest of your day.

You are most welcome and all the best.