Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Denon AVR-X2200W. I've had it awhile and it's

Hi, I have a Denon AVR-X2200W. I've had it awhile and it's worked great....but over the last couple of years it seems to have lost volume on every channel. We have to turn it up to around 40+ on the dial to get normal levels. Any ideas why? It also seems to be out of sync more, with me having to manually adjust the delay with tv, blu rays and playstation. It's just not the same as it used to be. Cheers. K
JA: What is your Denon connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?
Customer: It has sky q, playstation, blu ray etc all connected via hdmis. I'm using the arc on the tv also.
JA: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?
Customer: In what way? There's lots of things plugged in...but the level is quiet on all of them.
JA: The Audio/Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Denon. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the device (so unplug it from the power socket)

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the device and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Even quieter since that. It's now 60+ on the volume to get normal levels.

Does it happen on multiple devices connected to it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What do think? Any ideas?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yeah all the devices the same

1. Turn off the power using .
  2. Press. while simultaneously pressing TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNER PRESET CH -.
  3. Remove your fingers from the two buttons when “Initialized” appears on the display.

Tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've done that before. That's the full reset right?

yes, do it now that we did the power reset

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No sound at all now

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, it's still working. Just having to go through the whole setup again.

I am sorry to hear that.