Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My I-Mac does not recognise my Canon 3600 printer, when I

My I-Mac does not recognise my Canon 3600 printer, when I turn on both lights B and C are lit, I am not using ether net cable but thr WiFi signal is strong
JA: How are you connecting to your 3600: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: not sure how to do that
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It remains exactly the same not operating and both lights B and C are lit

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It did not work but I now wish to finish this question

ok, if you wish to resume, please let me know.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do not want to resume

ok, no problem