Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I had an update notification for my Apple Watch but had to

I had an update notification for my Apple Watch but had to unpair/repair with my phone. I’m stuck now because it is asking for iCloud password ***** I have no idea what it is. Have tried 3 favourites but unsuccessful and don’t want to be totally locked out
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Using it now….
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: No…. Is it idiot proof and how do I get round iCloud password ***** that arises?
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: You May be well dealing with an idiot when it comes to tech🙄

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Think I was having a senior moment with Apple ID- presumably it is the passcode I sign in with if face recognition can’t see past my mask? Now I can’t find where it needed that!!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Found it again during pairing but that passcode for phone won’t work. Help please

Can you please follow the steps here to reset the passcode

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Passcode stays the same but have changed password ***** written it down. Watch now starting again to pair. May just visit grand-teen if no luck this time….

ok, let me now how you go please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Watch now syncing(very slowly ). Will just have to try update again or will it have updated itself?? Thank you for expert help and patience

You are most welcmoe