Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I purchased a laptop for my daughter August 21 it developed

Customer Question

Hi I purchased a laptop for my daughter August 21 it developed a fault over a month ago and sent for repairs. there is no sign of it coming back soon and we would like it replaced or given our money back.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Hi it was a dell inspiron 16 plus 7610 cost £1349 windows order number CUR2107235708
JA: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i was to given to Currys in Truro Cornwall over a month ago and it was sent for repair. as yet there is no sign of it being returned. it was bought for my daughter to use for her masters degree and as you can imagine it has caused a tremendous amount of stress and anxiety not having the laptop we purchased in good faith,
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really under the consumer rights act of 2015 i now want the laptop replaced or a refund for the laptop credited to my card, the repair reference code is 952262
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 12 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the lap top has been away for over a month and we have been told it needs a new motherboard and track pad.
i want the laptop replaced immediately in line with the consumer rights act of 2015, the laptop was supplied defective and has not lasted a resonable amount of time, under 6mths

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you purchased a laptop which developed a fault and was returned to Curry's in Truro Cornwall over a month ago, however, you have not heard anything back. I would recommend you contact the store to raise your query and request for either the laptop to be repaired of collection on replaced for a like for like. I have found the number to call is 03225610000.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No the number you have supplied is not working, turo have said it is not there problem and fobbed my daughter off several time i repeat i want the laptop replaced or a refund

That's very unfair of them, I would recommend you raise a complaint with Currys via 0344(###) ###-####or email *****@******.***.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
unfortunately the number for your complaints department is also not working but i will need to try again as this doesn't seem to be going any where
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 11 days ago.

You will need to request customer services that you wish to raise a complaint.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
do you have a number for customer services

Yes it -  0344(###) ###-####/p>