Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a Canon TS8050 printer which is only printing p;ink

Customer Question

I have a Canon TS8050 printer which is only printing p;ink when I use colour. Band white is fine. I have cleaned it several times, I have replaced cyan cartridge twice and it is just not using the cyan, so all my colour print is pink
JA: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your TS8050?
Customer: No I have changed the ink several times, I think the printer is about 3 years old
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: No error messages and yes to the lic
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, have done a test print which is fine except that it does not print the blue, where blue should be is blank
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 22 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know since when this has started?

2. How often do you use the printer?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
About a month ago. It started to print pink, so I replaced the cyan ink and it just continued. So I did the maintenance clean and still had the problem. so replaced it again with a new cyan in, I only used canon inks
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Due to circumstances I have not been using the colour very often. Mainly black and white
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I may print a couple of times a week, but have not done much printing this past year because my husband was ill

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a printer that fails to print the right colours. It would suggest to me this could be a problem with the printers head and problems like these can be resolved by performing a clean on the head through its internal cleaning function and to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below to assist you.

1. Insert paper into the paper tray. 

2. Setting settings icon (cog) on the home screen of the printer. 

3. Choose the Maintenance option. 

4. Select the clean option first and if that does not work, try the deep clean.

5. Once the process completes. try and print again and check if that has resolved the query. 

6. More information can be found via - https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS8000%20series/EN/UG/bg-maintenance1400.html

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Have already done all of that and still no cyan
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have already done the maintenance and deep clean and it is still not using the cyan but I am still able to see the cyan on the home screen

If that has not worked, it would suggest the printer will need to go into a service centre to a specialist if you are wanting to go down the repair route and I can provide you with some options if you like?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
please
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Have I signed up for a subscription? If so I would like to cancel it immediately.

I would recommed - https://www.printer4you.com/uk/en/printer-maintenance

If you would like to cancel, you will need to call out customer support line, can I provide you number?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
please

Sure, the number is 0808(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 22 days ago.

I hope you the information I provided has been helpful.