Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My Samsung smart tv keeps switching, Its a ue405520rkxxu it

Customer Question

My Samsung smart tv keeps switching
JA: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Its a ue405520rkxxu it is quite old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It's switches off after only a few seconds so I can't get onto the menu screen
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?
Customer: I hadn't had it on for quite some time so not sure what happened
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 10 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your Television which is in a constant cycle of turning on and off. I have found a TV that turns itself on or off isn't necessarily broken. A simple, easily fixed problem is usually the culprit. There might be a stuck power button on the remote, or the remote's batteries are running low. An internal timer might accidentally be set to turn on the TV. 

1. I would recommend the things to check is;

2. A stuck power button on the remote.

3. Remote's batteries are running low.

4. Internal timer.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew