Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Im completly locked out of my google account it wont let me

Customer Question

hi im completly locked out of my google account it wont let me use any recovery options apart from an 8 diget code that i dont have access to i cant log into any google services at all x
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: all my google accounts on my mobile tablet and pc x
JA: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?
Customer: i changed my google password ***** all was working fine then after i changed it i lost all access to google xz
JA: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?
Customer: yes there is x
JA: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so other than as i cant log into my main google account it means ive lost access to my gmail, play store, google home hub, family link etc xx
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 9 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your Google email account which you are unable to sign into due to a lost or forgotten password. I would recommend you reset your account password ***** to do so, please see the instructions I have attached to assist you complete the password ***** process;

1. Go to - https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=AccountRecovery

2. Enter your email address and tap the next button.

3. You may be requested to enter you last known password, if you are unsure, you may tap try another way in the bottom left. 

4. You see a list of recovery options attached to your account, choose one and complete the verification process. 

5. Once you have complete verification and it has been able to validate the information you have entered, you will be prompted to create a new sign in password. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hi i have tried doing this but the only verification its allowing me is an 8 digit code but i dont have access to any of these

I see, without that you wont be able to recover the account, Google have a set process you must follow to complete this process.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
is there any way to see if google themselves can solve this

The process is actually automated, not somthing done manaually.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the thing is though i have my outlook email, google authenticator and my phone number all set as recovery options and its not offering anything but the 8 didget code and its also not allowing me to answer my security questions as an option to recover or fill in the forms were you answer as many questions as possible to verify its me, why would it do this x

What option do you get through the recovery?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
only the 8 diget code and no other options despite the fact i have set up all possible recovery options including secret answer, telephone number, alternative e mail, and google authenticator x
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
when it comes up with 8 didget code needed if i press try another way it just brings 8 didget code back up

Can you share a screenshot.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
one second x

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (552Z1Q4)

Do you have the code to enter?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no i cant access them as i can't sighn into anything to get them with not been able to sign into google
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thats why i set up all possible verification methods incase one fails
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
even my google authenticator app isnt working x

Did you make a back up of the 2-Step Verfication codes?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i have a back up of the long didget number just not the 8 didget

When you enabled 2-Step Verification, you would of been provided with a multiple codes to store as a back up, did you save them?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i did at the time but now i cant find were they are saved

I would suggest you have a look for them and let me know if you can get hold of them

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ive looked all over my phone and pc and i cant find them in any file

Its bad news with out them.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it was years ago i turned on 2 step verification so i cant think what file they would of saved two xx

With out them you wont be able to recover your account.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if i have to open a new email address will all data linked to that emil be lost, i just dont understand why its not allowing any other verification but the code x

No the data will not be linked, it will be all lost.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
does that include game progress and photos xx

Everything linked to the email will be lost.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
is there any way to save the stuff linked to my google accounts including my photos before opening a new account

Unforteuntly not with out gaining access to it.