Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My telivision has no sound but all the channels I need help

Customer Question

My telivision has no sound but all the channels I need help with this
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: Something el
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need help with this now as it was working this morning
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating a Television which has no sound. I would suggest problems like these can be quickly resolved if there not hardware related, when I say hardware related, I mean a a fault with the hardware. I will recommend some steps I would like you to exercise and let me know the outcome on completion. 

1. Power the Television off (press the power button on the remote.)

2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 

3. Check all the cables are connected firmly such as HDMI cables. 

4. Re-attach the power cable to the power source. 

5. Power the Television on (press the power button on the remote.)

6. Check your channels and ensure the volume is turned up and not muted. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew