Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have just hdd delivered an Advanced Digital telephone with

Customer Question

I have just hdd delivered an Advanced Digital telephone with instructions. Phoned for help and got further instructions re connection between wall socket and Modem. Wall socket has cable with plug that does not fit. Now have no landline and a useless telephone. Where is the appropriate cable with link to wall and into the uncovered modem socket ?
JA: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?
Customer: It has said that it links
JA: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?
Customer: Yes. iPad, mobile and this computer working
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is no link to the modem from the wall
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 12 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm you are trying to install your new Advanced Digital telephone?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Do you have a BT Router just to confirm?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Bases on the information you have provided, it sounds like you need assistance with your Advanced Digital telephone that needs setting up. Please see the information I have attached to assist you with the setup, I have also included the user manual if you need any additional information to support the setup.

1. Power the handset on, connect the power cabled supplied. 

2. Pull the plastic tab away from the handset.

3. Register the handset, Press OK on your phone and follow the on-screen steps.

4. When asked, press and hold the WPS button on your hub for two seconds. It’s half-way up on the left-hand side. The WPS button will flash while the phone and hub are linking, and the phone will show it’s registering

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew