Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My laptop says there is something wrong with Microsoft

Customer Question

My laptop says there is something wrong with Microsoft please help
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: HP stream
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: ing software when needed I am new to this
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, please and I'm new to this and 76yrs old
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 18 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know if you are trying to install a application on your device and are prompted with the error?

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 17 days ago.

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based in the information you have provided, it sounds like you have a query relating to your Laptop on which you are trying to install a application, however, you are prompted with a error. I would recommend you attempt a power cycle and then try again and to do so, please see the instructions attached. 

1. Power the laptop off from the start menu. 

2. Wait a few minutes before trying to power it back on. 

3. Power the laptop on.

4. Once the laptop arrives onto the user account screen, sign into your user account. 

5. Try and install the software again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew