Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Hiya my JCV tv won’t work. It’s stuck on the loading screen,

Hiya my JCV tv won’t work. It’s stuck on the loading screen
JA: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: it’s brand new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no. It’s stuck saying JVC/fireTV I’ve tried unplugging it
JA: How long has this been an issue with your JVC? What happened right before this?
Customer: We got the TV yesterday. It just started this morning. The last thing I did was turn it off before I went to bed
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no Thanks

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello?

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a JVC Television that has frozen on the loading screen. I would suggest this sounds very much like a firmware problem and would recommend we start with a power cycle, most issue as such are cured very quickly by following the steps I have attached below. 

1. Power the Television off (Press the power button on the remote)

2. Remove the power cable for 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect it. 

3.  Power the Television on (Press the power button on the remote)

4. Allow the Television to load, should take no longer than a few minutes. If you find its taking a little longer, I would suggest allowing it up to another 30 minutes, If the unit has had a update it could take a little longer in these instances. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew