Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have a printer, it is the DCP 1612w i tried everting but

Customer Question

hello i have a printer
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: it is the DCP 1612w i tried everting but it keeps saying the the cover is open
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: brother , DCP 1612-w
JA: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?
Customer: its my friend printer, she gave it to me after 3 years of using it just wanted to ask if its worth trying fixing it of I should look for another one
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: i could not connect it to the device , I have just connected it to the WIFI manually , but it did not print the report
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it thank you very much
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
hello
i have a brother DCP 1612-w printer ,
i tried everting but it keeps saying the the cover is open

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to a printer that prompts the cover is open. I have found The “Cover open” error on your  printer means that the cover's open sensor is not working properly or is missing. The error requires your intervention, as your printer will not work until you close the cover properly or have the sensor or one of the printer's doors serviced.

It would suggest to me that you may need to go down the route of having the printer serviced/repaired to have this problem rectified, and to do so, you may reach out to a printer repair centre such as diamond source who you can call on 0800(###) ###-####or visit their website via https://www.diamondsource.co.uk

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
do you recomend trying and fixing it or just replacing it
it been used for almost 3- to 4 years now

It maybe better just to replace altogether in my opinion but unltiamtely the decsion is yours.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no thats fine
thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i mean yeah i think i will
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you

Im pleased to hear you are another Happy Customer. If you need further assistance in the future you can reach out to me via JustAnswer. Best of luck!