Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Electronics Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Epson XP-2100, XP-2100 - The 2 WI-Fi lights are flashing in

Customer Question

Epson XP-2100
JA: What Epson model do you have?
Customer: XP-2100 - The 2 WI-Fi lights are flashing in unison The manual suggests "press the Wi - Fi button" I have tried this several times but without success.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?
Customer: Only today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I cannot remember
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 7 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know if the printer has already been setup with the WiFi previously?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to a printer that has a flashing light on the WiFi led indicator. I would suggest this may mean the printer has lost its network connection and to do so, you will need to perform a soft reset across the board and to do so, you will need to follow the steps attached below;

1. Power the printer off (Press and hold the power button)

2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 

3. Remove the power cable from the router for 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect it. Allow a additional 2 - 3 minutes for the router to re-establish a network connection. 

4. Re-attach the printer power cable into the power source. 

5. Power the printer on (Press and hold the power button)

6. Lastly, try to print again and test if that has worked. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew